Social media is an amazing way to connect with the world around you. And social media marketing is a powerful way for businesses to connect with potential customers. There are so many ways for your business to effectively use social media, but there are also plenty of mistakes you can make along the way. Maybe you have accounts but don’t know how to use them. Or maybe you haven’t even created any accounts yet. No matter what the case is, we are here to help. Here are the 6 steps you must take to begin your Jacksonville social media marketing.
1. Determine your goals. Before you start any of your Jacksonville social media marketing, you must determine what you want out of it. Because without a social media goal, you’ll never know if your efforts are worth your time.
Are you trying to increase brand awareness and build a large following? Do you want people to call your business? Do you want people to make purchases? Whatever your ultimate goals are, know and remember them.
2. Understand what your customers want. But before you can figure out what they want, define who they are. What is the location, age group, gender, etc. of the customer you want to attract? Is it a narrow group or people or a broad group of people?
Once you figure out the kind of people you want to attract with your product or service, you can start to put yourself in their shoes. Think about what is valuable to them. Consider what they’re searching for online and the kind of social media pages that would interest them. Do your research. This will help you with the next two steps.
3. Build a presence in the right places. To get good results from your Jacksonville social media marketing, you must be familiar with the different networks. Figure out which networks represent your target audience.
For example, 22.5% of Twitter users are between the ages of 25 and 34, while 19.5% are between the ages of 35 and 44 and 17.9% are between 45 and 54. If you’re targeting people within these age groups, you need to be active on Twitter. If you’re targeting a bit of a younger generation, you should be active on networks like Instagram.
4. Display valuable content. Once you figure out which social networks to use, you can start planning your content. Your content must be valuable to viewers. It must also be relevant to your industry, but unique from your competitors.
Again, put yourself in your potential customers’ shoes and do your research. Use content that will interest people. Use written text, images, videos and whatever else will draw in attention and make your business look better.
5. Engage with users. If you successfully take the previous steps, people will begin to discover you on social media. And once they do, they’ll start to like and comment on your content. They’ll also start to message and even review you. Whatever you do, don’t ignore these actions.
When people begin to engage with you on social media, it means they are beginning to trust your brand. In order to maintain that trust and loyalty, you must engage back. Reach out to your followers and show appreciation. Answer any questions, comments and concerns. Respond to all reviews, both good and bad.
6. Measure your efforts. This step is very important in the success of your social media marketing. Because with all the time you spend defining your audience, building your presence and creating great content, you want to know what’s working and what isn’t.
Fortunately, many social media sites now have analytics tools for you to measure your efforts, such as Facebook insights. You can see information like how many people your posts reach and how much engagement you are receiving. This helps you determine which posts are more successful than others, which will help you post more successfully in the future.
Optimize Your Jacksonville Social Media Marketing
If you take the steps listed above, you’ll be on your way to social media success. But sometimes, no matter how much helpful information you have, you don’t have the time or experience to do your best. Don’t worry! At Digital Resource, we have all of the time and experience needed to optimize your Jacksonville social media marketing. Contact us today!
Susan is a graduate of Florida State University where she studied Editing, Writing & Media and Business. Her studies, along with a wide range of internships, have given her valuable knowledge and experience in the field of marketing. She is a creative thinker, very team oriented and has a passion for unique storytelling. Susan is eager to help companies grow their markets digitally and thrilled to be a member of the Digital Resource Team.